Wednesday, March 27, 2013

To everything there is a season...

One of my favorite scriptures is Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. I believe there is a purpose for each phase of life, and although we may not understand what it is at that time we do know that "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Last summer Justin decided to go back to school. This was something I (and his parents:) have wanted him to do for a long time...ever since he quit to buy the barn in 2005. But it had to be his decision, and we all know better than to strike fire to gasoline. So back to last summer...I had just gone back to work for inservice. It was a Tuesday...sale day...and Justin was calling. I immediately picked up the phone thinking something was wrong. He wanted me to call and make an appointment with an advisor. A few weeks later he was registered for classes. 

We knew that it would get harder and harder for him to finish school and work as he got deeper into his education classes, along with which comes practicums and student teaching. We talked about what we would do. We prayed about it. Honestly, we didn't even know what we would do if and when he actually finished school...do you just have this fancy degree in a drawer in your house and go on with your life? Do you look for a teaching job in these tough times?

Anyway, we prayed and decided that God would work it out. And He did. We got an offer on the barn. One we felt led to accept...one we feel that will keep us in His will. What will our lives look like a year from now? I have no idea. My mama asked me if I was worried about "making it." Honestly, until she said that I had not even thought to worry...and still haven't. We will be fine. Justin will continue to farm...like he always has. I will continue to teach...like I always have. And God will continue to provide...like He always has. 

Tuesday was our last sale, and the deal was sealed today. We had a great eight years, and we will certainly miss the people we met and the friendships we made. But we won't look back...

No comments: