Sunday, September 30, 2012

Luke: 2 Years

Luke, you are two years old!
Here's what you're up to these days...
  • You weigh 30lbs. and are 35 inches long.
  • You are wearing 24 month and 2T clothes and size 6 diaper.
  • You are a champion sleeper (6:45PM-6:45AM most nights)!
  • You are a mama's boy through and through, but you have really started taking up with your daddy.
  • You love to "check cows" (which is your request every afternoon when I pick you up...you say "Daddy, check cows?").
  • You also love to watch "foo-fall" with your daddy...and every day when I open your drawer to pick out your clothes you thumb through and find an Alabama shirt and tell me "Mommy, Roll Tide shirt!". Love it!!
  • You have 18 teeth...you finally cut those molars!
  • You pretty much talk non-stop now...making demands requests, asking questions, and telling us about everything you see. Your vocabulary is pretty much limitless.
  • You are still calling yourself "Luke Duke" most of the time when we ask you your name, and you have started claiming everything as your own..."Mine!"
  • You are counting to ten like a pro!!
  • You have really taken an interest in the potty again, so I'm now hopeful that you will be out of diapers well before Kindergarten! ;)
  • You are full of life...mischief...wild!! You're always into something. You have had more bumps, bruises, scratches, and blood shed than I care to think about. (*Side note: A while back you tried to bite Reese at daycare, so she scratched you. Ever since then everything that happens you say "Eeeeesss did it"...last night I noticed a spot on your shoulder where you had obviously been bit by a mosquito. When I asked you what bit you, you promptly told me "Eeeeeessss bit me!" Hopefully you won't continue this blame game your entire lives, ha!)
  • Luke Joseph, the day you were born was honestly one of the best days of my life. When they placed you in my arms for the very first time I fell in love instantly. You are such a blessing in my life, and I pray for you every day...that you will grow and accept Jesus, that you will be a man of God, that you will find the girl He has made for you, that you will be a Godly husband and father (and give me lots of grandbabies:)...and while I can't wait to see what God has in store for your future, for right now I just want to hold you and rock you and cherish every moment of you being the little boy of my dreams. Happy Birthday Luke Man...mama loves you to the moon and back!

No comments: