Monday, November 12, 2012

Finally...A Day Off!!

We are out of school today in honor of Veteran's Day! I am so very thankful for all of the men and women, past and present, who have made it possible for my babies and me to live in a free country. I may not be happy with the way it's headed at this particular time, but I am forever grateful to live here in the United States of America.
 
Last night Justin and I went to the movies (for the first time in I can't remember when), and the kids and I are spending our day today listening to the rain hit the roof...in our pajamas...doing as little as possible. This is our first day off since Labor Day, and unless you have ever taught you cannot understand the need for the kids and teachers to have a break once and a while. The kids have been on overload, we have been on overload, and this day has been long-awaited and MUCH needed. 

Here's a little of what we've been up to lately...


Learning early;)
Daddy and the babes went to MawMaw's last
Friday while Ashley and I went to Christmas Village.
We went to Heritage Day last week. The kids had the best time at
  the fire station riding the horse and buggy and these pedal tractors.
E's favorite way to watch TV...
When I picked E up one day last week Mrs. Lolli said that Emma 
 had a super fabulous day...she was very obedient, did everything 
 she was told to do, and was extra helpful. I'm proud of my baby 
 every day (and she's never gotten a "bad report"), but we went out 
 for a sweet treat in celebration of her extra good report that day!
 E rested up before cheering on the Vols to their first playoff win!
Saturday we headed to GA for a baby shower for Casey and baby
  Cooper...we can't wait to meet the newest edition to the McCollum
  family! E and MawMaw took up with one another, and of course, 
 Emma and Ella Kate giggled and had a big time as usual!
 When we got home we headed to church to help with the dinner
  theater fund raiser...where Emma definitely earned her pay!
While we were there, I kept up with the Alabama game via ESPN College Football app. Of course, I was super disappointed in the outcome (especially since it seems as though we could have pulled off the win:/), but losing is a part of life. And I'm quite certain that A&M only pulled off the win because my Aunt Paulette had a hand in it...straight from Heaven! A wise man once said...

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I saw E today with your mom at Target! Looked like she was having a ball!!!! I even heard her and Donnie talking about Luke :)