Saturday, January 5, 2013

Growing Up

This morning when Justin left for work he promised the kids he would come back and pick them up in a little bit and they could check on cows with him...like he usually does. When he got here to pick them up Luke was running around screaming, "Me go with Daddy!!" E, who usually cries when he leaves, decided that she would just stay home and hang out with mama. Justin tried to talk her into going, but she didn't change her mind.

A few minutes after they left I got this text:

"Can't believe my girl wanted to stay with you. I've heard about this happening but I'm not ready for it."

She's growing up on us. As I type I am watching her practice cartwheels and jumps on her new tumbling mat, because according to her, "Mama, if I want to be like those cheerleaders I have to practice."
 
I don't think she will ever outgrow being a daddy's girl, but the times of our baby girl falling asleep in your lap like she did last night may become fewer and far between. You better enjoy it while you can;)!

No comments: