Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Today I gave the world a little piece of me.

I gave birth to this most precious miracle nearly six years ago. On that day I never could have imagined the amount of joy that beautiful baby girl would bring me.

Since the day she was born I have tried to teach her love, compassion, and independence, among other things.

She is all I ever dreamed and hoped for in a daughter and so much more, and I know she will continue to make me proud as she grows.

I pray that the world knows what a gem they are getting in her.

And I pray that she does mighty things in this world. 

Things that will make her Maker say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

She got up this morning, got herself dressed, came into the
room where I was ironing my skirt, and before I could turn
around I heard her little voice say, "Mommy, don't cry."
Nana and Papa came by to get Luke so
Justin and I both could take E to school!
And a sweet friend graciously volunteered to watch
my kiddos so that I could be mama for a few minutes!
The Gingerbread Man
I snuck up to the K building while my kids were at P.E. (a perk
of teaching at the same school your kids attend) to snap this pic
that I have a feeling will end up in a yearbook in about 12 years;).
And the best news of all is that WE survived! ;)
I found this in her folder...
And it may or may not have brought a tear to my eye:).
 
We finally left school around 5PM, and we didn't even make
it to Mapco before I noticed this in my rearview mirror...
She was sound asleep again by 8PM,
excited about another day in Kindergarten!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Loved reading all your posts this morning :) Emma is such a sweetie!

Brandi said...

Not that Luke isn't, I just have got to be with Emma some! Lol!