Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy 3rd, Luke Joseph!

Luke Joseph, you are three years old today!
Three years ago your daddy received the best birthday present ever...you! You were the best baby...you came from the hospital on a schedule and stuck to it. By 8 weeks old you slept through the night, and you were the complete opposite of "No Sleep Emma". On the flip side, also opposite of Big Sis, you are easy-going but you have a wild side. You are into everything...always have been. You keep us on our toes and I feel sure that we will have sleepless nights ahead worrying about you! Your heart belongs to your mama...and I love you BIG! :)
 
Your other favorite girl insisted on bringing you a balloon:)
We headed to Mrs. Elizabeth's with cupcakes and cheese puffs!
 
A few things about you:
  • You crack us up constantly with the things you say. Some things I want to remember are...when you don't want to do something or don't like something you say "I can't like that!"
  • Every night you want me to "read me 'bout Jesus!" (the Easter story). When we get to the part where the tomb is open you say "the tomb is em-pee...Jesus went up Heaven!"
  • Every time you see something red you start singing "r-e-d red, r-e-d red, I can "sell" red, I can "sell" red...firetrucks are red, sto' signs are too, r-e-d".
  • You are 99.9% potty trained!!! Hallelujah...I had serious doubts that this would happen before Kindergarten graduation.
  • You'll eat anything that won't eat you, but your go-to meal is oatmeal. On nights that we "fend for ourselves" that's always what you want!
  • You weigh about 38 pounds and are about 3.5 feet tall.   

No comments: