Sunday, March 9, 2014

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Just change Alexander to The McCollums and day to week:/.

But I'm too blessed to let it keep me down.

This is a new week, and I choose to focus on that.

And the good things that happened last week:).

Crazy Sock Day & Twin Day
I got to hang out with these sweet girls (and J.T.) one afternoon!
My silly little cowboy:)
Mrs. Janet entertained the kiddos at Partners Saturday night!
Today we took full advantage of the new time and beautiful
weather. Although, I must say I think the kids had as much
more fun playing with their "pet worms" than they did fishing.
 
Thought for the week: Parenting is tough. Some days I wonder why God loaned me these little people. I feel assured that He is disappointed in the way I'm doing things. Some days I'm disappointed that my greatest parenting accomplishment was to get them fed, bathed, and in bed before having a total meltdown.

But then something always happens. Like laying down in bed with my 6-year-old when she tells me a story about a girl who is sometimes mean to her in class and when she told the girl that Jesus loves her the girl's response was, "no he doesn't, because my mom left me." My 6-year-old's thoughts on the subject? "Mama, I think that's why she's so mean...because she's really just sad."

Maybe, just maybe, I'm not doing it all wrong.

Or this afternoon on our way to go fishing when our 3-year-old tells us that Jesus fed a lot of people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish.

Wow. Maybe he actually does listen.

God winks. I like to call these moments God winks.

And He knows just when I need them most.

No comments: