Justin, however, said he heard a squeak, went to check it out, and came back in with a bunny.
I went to choir practice, and by the time I returned home, one bunny had turned into two bunnies.
If you know my husband and me at all, you know that he's the animal lover, and I...well we'll just say...am not.
Monday morning we fully expected the bunnies to have gone onto bunny Heaven. We even spent Sunday evening preparing the kids for it.
But...they were still kickin'. So after they insisted on giving them names, I was elected to take them to work with me and feed them throughout the day.
Tuesday morning, I texted Jess (our favorite vet) for HELP! She came by and picked them up and agreed to do the best she could to raise them. She reminded me, though, that they were extremely hard to raise.
When E got to my room that afternoon, she was hysterical about the fact that I let the bunnies go with Jess. I explained to her that she could care for them better than we could, but she was rather dramatic about the fact that she wanted them back.
Last night one of the bunnies died, and E actually took that news better than I expected. Her response was, "it's with MawMaw Nell now, and she can pet it and feed it."
Bless her heart.
(By the way...1 DAY UNTIL SPRING BREAK!!:)





No comments:
Post a Comment