Today marks 31 years since I made my debut here on earth. The years have flown by for me, so I would imagine that my mother feels like she blinked and she had grandkids. Isn't that how it goes though? No matter how hard you try, you can't really appreciate the "here and now". We're always looking onto the next best thing. I'm so guilty. Right this moment, I'm wishing the next 6 months away so we can be moved into our new home. Justin keeps reminding me that we've talked about, saved, and planned for this for years and a few more months won't kill me. And I know he's right. I'm blaming it on human nature.
Anyway, here I am. 31 today. Not feeling any older than I did yesterday. But it has crossed my mind several times that I am now closer to 40 than I am 20. But I hear that 40 is the new 30, so 30 must be the new 20...right? Which makes me 21? Ok...I'm rambling. I know. But it's my birthday, and I can do that.
Here's to another 31...times two. :)
I spent the day with two of my favorite girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment