Luke, you are six months old!
These six months have flown by...and I know, from experience, that the next six will fly by even faster. It won't be long before I will begin preparations for your first birthday party...which makes me a little sad! :(
Here's what you're up to these days...
- You weigh 19lbs. 6oz. (up 12lbs. since birth). You are 27 inches long (up 7 inches since birth). You are in the 75th percentile in both height and weight, and Dr. Ray says you're "stocky" and perfect (of course, I already knew that:)!
- You're in between sizes...you still wear a lot of 3-6 month, but I'm starting to wash your 6-9 month clothes and get them ready. You're still wearing size 2 diapers, but when we run out you're moving up to size 3!
(You love sticking those little piggies in your mouth!)
(It's getting harder and harder to get a picture of you
on the changing table, because you are a roly poly!)
- Your schedule is as follows:
- Wake Up - 6-7ish *My sweet babies haven't taken on a love of sleep like their parents. :)
- Breakfast (7:30-8ish) - fruit & 7oz. bottle
- In Between - cat naps, playing...you love to be moved from place to place after about 20 minutes. You like your jumparoo, swing, play mat, bumbo seat, blanket in the floor, etc.
- Lunch (3.5-4 hours later) - vegetable & 7oz. bottle
- 1ish - I'm not exactly sure what you do at daycare, but when we're at home you and E both lay down for a nap around 1pm. You usually sleep between 2 and 3 hours! :)
- "Snack" (3.5-4 hours later/after nap) - 7oz. bottle
- Play/Catnap
- Supper (5:30-6ish) - vegetable
- Bath (after supper)
- Play/Read Stories/Catnap/Last Bottle (8oz.)
- 7:00 - Mommy rocks you while you finish up your last bottle, I sing "You are My Sunshine", "Love You Forever", etc. I lay you down, turn on your elephant, kiss your sweet face, tell you I love you to the moon and back, and leave you for the night. You usually jabber and move around for a little while before going to sleep, but once you're out that's it for the night! :)
- You are eating all of the first foods (with the exception of prunes...not because you wouldn't LOVE them, because I'm sure you would...but more so because I don't want to cause any problems...we do have some on standby if we need them though:). Each day you eat a fruit, an orange vegetable, and a green vegetable. I mix 2 tablespoons of cereal with the orange vegetable. You like all of the vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, and green beans). You also like all of the fruits you have tried (pears, apples, bananas, and peaches).
(I have to keep a CLOSE eye on you in the bath tub.
You love to splash the water...sitting up or laying down!)
- Your first tooth finally broke through on 03.10, and your second one came almost 2 weeks later (03.23)! You are still drooling/chewing/gnawing a lot so we are on the lookout for more!
(Yes, you do cry! This is what you look like when you're extremely
tired and Mama is trying to get a picture of your pearly whites. Rest
assured though, I laid you down and you took a long evening snooze:)
- You are still sleeping great (see schedule above)...you didn't even let a few teeth interrupt your good sleeping habits! :)
- You have experienced your first "spring forward" time change...and you did it wonderfully! :)
(Love that drool!)
- You are sitting up on your own for about 30 seconds at a time (sometimes more, sometimes less...depending on your interest level at the time). Sometimes you get tired and fall to your side or back...no worries though, I'm always there to catch you! :) Sometimes you just slump forward 'gorilla style'.
- You still have a slight rash on your cheeks, but Dr. Ray gave us some cortisone cream to use. I usually put it on in the mornings and at night, and it has really helped. We have an appointment with the other Dr. Ray (our Dr. Ray's daughter-in-law, the dermatologist) during Spring Break. I'm hoping it's something that can be easily treated! :)
- Speaking of Spring Break...I am looking forward to every. single. second. that I will get to spend with you and E!
- I love you so much sweet boy. It saddens me to think of how fast you are growing, but it excites me to think of all the fun days ahead. I love to hear you laugh and see you smile. I often wonder what your little voice will sound like when you start talking, what your little face will look like after your first big-boy haircut, if you will keep your easy-going personality, and about 1,547 other things. I pray that you grow up to be a young man who loves the Lord, loves his family, and loves himself! I pray that you find a young lady who will compliment your kind nature. I pray that you will love her with all of your heart, respect her, and take care of her...and I pray that she does the same for you!
Happy 6 months precious one!






















No comments:
Post a Comment