Friday, March 4, 2011

Where's the manual?

Raising my babies has been the absolute most rewarding job I have ever had. It is also the hardest job I have ever had. Emma hasn't been sick over five times her whole life, but I just can't seem to get Luke better. I have tried everything including sitting in his bedroom floor, squalling, and begging God to please just knock me in the head and tell me how to fix him. No luck with that yet.

Apparently I misplaced the manual that tells mamas what we really need to know about raising our babies. It must have gotten filed with the really important pamphlets they send home from the hospital with you that say something like "feed baby when hungry"...Really?

Here's a look at what we've tried this week...

Hudson was sweet enough to let us borrow his
Nap Nanny, and it seems to be helping with the congestion.
We went back to see Dr. Ray today. He did an x-ray to make sure
pneumonia wasn't setting up in his lungs. Thankfully it wasn't, but
 Luke does have bronchitis. So...we came home with a nebulizer
machine. Please pray that these breathing treatments help our little guy!
We have also spent several days this week at the chiropractor's office. It seems to have helped break up the congestion, and Luke DID NOT have an ear infection when Dr. Ray checked him today! (I would have sworn earlier in the week that he did.) So...we will continue to let Dr. Steele work with him in an attempt to keep this baby well!

Luke just lays there and grins while Dr. Steele does his magic!
In other news...Nana's home! :)

3 comments:

wanda mccollum said...

you are doing fine without a manual....Proud you are my grandchidren's mother. No one could do a better job not even us experienced ones. We were there and still don't know the answers.
Love ,
Wanda

Brittany said...

If you find the manual send it my way! :) So sorry Luke has been so sick. I'm pretty sure that my next step with Eli is an ENT. Even when he doesn't have an ear infection, he is STILL pulling and digging at/in them. Hopefully once Luke's bronchitis goes away he will be well for good!

Brandi said...

The breathing treatments worked wonders for Noah! Hope it helps Luke Man!