Sunday, May 22, 2011

Emma Lou, Sarah Sue {& the boy too!}

Our little bitty town was filled with excitement this weekend. Friday night Ashley and I took the kids to Relay for Life at the football field. I was so busy taking pictures of these little divas that I failed to get any of the sweetest boy around. He was there though, and considering we didn't get home until two hours past his bedtime he was a real trooper! :)
On Saturday we went to the Music and Arts Festival at the park. Mama, Emma, Luke, and I went early and walked in the 1 mile fun run/walk for the Autism Awareness League. We may have come in last (close to it anyway), but if I were a betting woman I'd bet I burned more calories than anybody else there...ever try pushing 60 pounds worth of kid plus a double stroller uphill in gravel? It's about as fun as it sounds! When we finished Emma spotted the play area. She jumped, slid, and spun until she couldn't stand it anymore!
Yep, that's me and the boy in the 'cup'...I'm really not sure
what kids see in this ride. I wanted to throw up by the time
we got off, and I'm truly shocked that Luke didn't do just that!
Tonight we finally celebrated Mother's Day with my mama and grandmother. Justin had to leave after church to go off somewhere (you can see how well I listen) to pick up a load of cows...yes, that's my life! Anyway, my sweet grandmother came over to help me out with the kids so I could get the house picked up and get everything ready for supper. She took Luke for a ride in the stroller. Bless his heart...he fell fast asleep!

(I promise I'm going to get him a stroller that's a little more masculine.
I guess that's the price you pay for having a big sister, ha!)
Last, but most definitely not least...5 days until summer!
I have big plans, but I'll save them for another post! ;)

No comments: