Sunday, May 1, 2011

USA, USA, USA!

Since this blog is intended to house memories, I decided this day deserved a few words. It is definitely history in the making, and my babies will be interested in it one day (hopefully:)!

It's 10:30PM (which is generally way past my bedtime, but I'm up waiting to do another breathing treatment). I'm watching the breaking news. The president hasn't spoken yet, but all news sources are reporting that Osama bin Laden is dead...and has been that way for about a week via ground attack. We'll see how the facts play out once Obama has spoken, but I'm reminded of that terrible day nearly 10 years ago and some quotes by George W. --

Freedom itself was attacked this morning by
a faceless coward. And freedom will be defended.

Make no mistake, the United States will hunt down
and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts.

Thank you US MILITARY for your tireless efforts in protecting our country. I am proud to be an American...GOD BLESS THE USA!

**Update (for history's sake:) - It has been confirmed that Osama bin Laden was killed in a ground operation that Obama signed off on last week but actually took place today (within the last 24 hours). No Americans were hurt in this attack. =)

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What an amazing night....A night I will never forget