Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to life...

Back to reality...

Tomorrow's the day.

There's no point in telling you how I dread it so.

There's no point in telling you how fast this summer has flown by.

There's no point in telling you how much I am going to miss my babies.

So here's what I'll tell you...

I'll tell you what I'm looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to the butterflies that enter my stomach when 3:00 rolls around, and I get to pick up my babies.

I'm looking forward to Luke's smile when he realizes I've come to get him.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Emma's day on our ride home.

I'm looking forward to a fresh start with a fresh group of kids.

I'm looking forward to a few new school projects this year.

I'm looking forward to adult (and young adult) conversation.

I'll tell you what I'm thankful for too...

I'm thankful to have a husband and children who need me to go to work.

I'm thankful to have students who need an education.

I'm thankful to have a job that allows me to take care of the needs of my family, as well as the needs of a classroom full of children.

One more thing I'm looking forward to...a great school year!

Here's a look at our last week of freedom summer...

(We went to the waterpark in Auburn.)
(E spent the night at MawMaw's and came home looking like this:)
(Luke Man at 9AM on my last day to sleep in:)
(Emma was invited to a "Dress-Up/Tea Party", which really deserves a
post of its own...but since I'm going back to work I'm short of time. I'll
just say it was the most creative party, and she had SO MUCH FUN!)
(Luke got to join in on the tea party fun too:)
(Cousin Josh graduated from college, and we are SO proud of him!)
(Emma and Cheyenne had a sleepover.)
(We kept the church nursery today, and Justin had his hands full with these
three sweeties! I think that must be Avery Claire's "help me" look, because as
soon as I finished taking this picture she was reaching her arms out...so sweet!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are adorable! Kamryn and I have loved looking at them. Especially Miss Emma with her powder and paint! LOL