Monday, August 1, 2011

Let me apologize in advance...

In seven short days I'll be returning to the workforce. Yes, that's right...summer will officially be over. It's not all bad, though. I'm thankful to have a J.O.B. to go back to, and the end of summer does signify the beginning of fall and cooler weather! I'm trying to be positive about this whole thing, since Justin keeps insisting that we need a little thing called insurance...and griping doesn't really change anything anyhow.

Emma is at Mrs. Elizabeth's today, reuniting with her friends, which she has been super excited about. Luke and I are hanging out, enjoying each others' company. He'll be going to Mrs. Elizabeth's tomorrow while E and I go to the water park in Auburn. Here's where the apology comes in. I haven't really thought about it (or maybe I just didn't want to admit it), but Luke has become a bit attached to me this summer. Don't get me wrong, he's a great baby and I leave him occasionally (church nursery, grandparents, etc.)...but he's started 'the whining'. If he sees me leave the room he gets borderline hysterical...and since he hasn't been to daycare in two months I'm afraid we might have a problem. I know from experience that kids are resilient, and I feel assured that he will bounce back into the routine fairly quickly. Me, on the other hand, it's going to break.my.heart.! Say a prayer for us all:)

{a little post-church photo shoot from yesterday}
(Yes, that's bubble gum in the girl's mouth:)


1 comment:

Erinjordan83 said...

I remember when mine were that age and they went through the same phase. It was SO much harder for me than it was for them!