Emma Catherine, you are four years old today!
September 18, 2007

My life hasn't been the same since the day I met you, my sweet baby girl, and held you in my arms for the first time. You are such a blessing in my life, and I don't (nor do I want to) remember a life without you in it. A few things I want you to know (and I always want to remember)...
- You are my sunshine...really! Those aren't just words in a song. Your smile and sweet lovin' brightens my day like nothing else can.
- You are a stinker...hard-headed, strong-willed, determined...whatever you want to call it, that's you! When you set your mind to something, it's "do or die." I'm hoping you'll use that to your benefit someday. :)
- You are the smartest kid I know...really, you are! You examine things, think them through, and ponder way more than any 4 year old should. You ask about 736 questions a day...but I don't mind! I'm hoping all that knowledge will pay for you to go to college one day.
- You love the Lord! It absolutely brings me to tears when you talk about our Saviour. I pray each day that you will accept Christ at an early age. I also pray that you will spend your life telling others about Him. I love to hear you tell about what you're learning in Sunday School/Children's Church (yes, you've finally decided you like it).
- You are an AMAZING pray-er (not sure if that's really a word, but the reading/English teacher in me knows that the suffix -er/-or means "one who")! It does this mama's heart good to hear you bless all the people/things around you.
- You are ALL girl...loving to change clothes about 43 times a day, paint your nails, dress up, wear makeup, jewelry, high heels, etc.
- You love your Daddy...which makes you love the things he loves. You may be in your fanciest clothes, jewelry, makeup, and heels, but you're always ready to head to the pasture to check on cows.
- You are the best big sister in the world! You love your brother, and you love to take care of/boss him. I worried that once he got big enough to get into your things you wouldn't be as sweet and understanding...I underestimated you. You are so good at sharing. The only time you tell him "no" is when he is trying to get something that will hurt him. I love watching you two together.
- You are my best girl...you and me, baby, we're stuck like glue...no matter what you do!!
- I have loved every second of being your mama. It's not an easy job, and you definitely keep me on my toes. I think God gave me you to teach me patience, love, and understanding...but I wouldn't change a single thing about you. Every day is a new adventure, and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store. I love you baby girl...Happy 4!
September 18, 2011
A few stats & other info...
- You weigh 41.5lbs. and are 43.25 inches tall.
- You are a great eater...the only thing you don't like is eggs.
- You are a decent sleeper...you usually go to bed at 8PM (7PM if you're in "a mood") and wake up between 5:30 and 6:30AM. I would LOVE for you to learn to sleep later in the mornings, but for now you are just an early bird. We've tried letting you stay up later, but it doesn't work!
- You are FULLY potty trained (and have been for almost a year now:). You started using the potty at 17 months and were daytime trained by 2. I put off taking the diaper away at nighttime for my own sanity, but you rarely wet it. When Luke was about 6 weeks old (give or take) you told me that you WERE NOT (see "strong-willed" above) wearing diapers anymore...and you meant it! You have had maybe 3 accidents...the last time you had an accident I told you if you had to use the potty in the middle of the night it was okay to get up, go to the potty, and get back in bed. Ever since then you've done GREAT...and you do get up some nights/early mornings, use the potty, and go back to your bed.







3 comments:
i love what u write about ur kids, and being a mommie, im so proud of u!
love andy
WE LOVE EMMA SO MUCH!!! Brent and I love when you or Justin start a sentence off with "listen to what Emma said the other day..."!! She can say some the funniest or sweetest things. We have loved watching her grow over the last 4 years - however - her birth seemed like it was yesterday!! You are right - she is very smart and seems to pick up on things very quickly (like the puzzle I got her, she was mastering it in no time). Some of my favorite memories over the past 4 years involve her (Ala-bamba,huuuuge, pledge to the flag). I especially LOVE the video message from her on my birthday this past year - if I am ever down, I can play that message and it brightens my day :)We love you Emma - Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday Emma!!!
Post a Comment