Last night I had the bright idea that Emma and I would have a sleepover in the living room. Justin blew up an air mattress, we ate junk food, watched movies, played games, etc. Sounds great, right?
The thing I seemed to have forgotten about sleepovers is that you wake up the next morning feeling exhausted from the lack of...oh, sleep? Somewhere around 12AM the girl finally gave it up.
I mentioned games...well, I pulled out the dominoes and decided Emma was big enough to play. What I underestimated was her competitiveness...why I underestimated it, I have no idea. She is just.like.her.daddy.! If she thought she wasn't going to win the round, she would get up and leave (and may or may not have thrown a domino or two under the table so she would be "out"). Oh my...
A little tidbit about her daddy...when we first got married we played cards a lot at night (you know, B.K. - Before Kids:). We would stay up all hours of the just so he could regain a lead before going to bed. Another fun fact...we used to play putt putt golf when we went to the beach. We rarely do that anymore unless we are with friends who are competitive. He gets mad at me because I (*gasp*) play for fun! I love that man! :)
Getting back to it....(Life with Boys!)
12 years ago





1 comment:
LOL.....My Justin hates to loose as well. When we were dateing I worked at Cheaha. They had a checkers board sitting in the lobby. We use to play as we waited for my shift to end. If I started to when he would "accidently" knock the board off the table. :)
Post a Comment