Luke, you are twenty months old!
Here's what you're up to these days...
- You weigh 28lbs.
- You are 34 inches long.
- You are wearing 18 and 24 month clothes and size 6 diaper.
- Your feet are growing too, and you've moved up to size 7s!
- You are an excellent sleeper, and you are definitely off to a great summer schedule! You have been going to sleep between 7:30 and 8PM and waking up between 8 and 8:30AM:)!
- You have been better about napping this month. The trick is to put you in your pajamas and give you your breathing treatment as if it were bedtime...you have been falling right into the routine and taking 2 hour naps again...hallelujah!
- You eat anything and everything...and I joke that you are like the community dog. We were at a ballgame in Wedowee the other day and you went up to some strangers who were eating nachos and stood there with your hand out!
- You have started playing well independently. Your current favorite toys are a little tool box and hammer, a wooden tractor/trailer, and some plastic cows. You also love to play with any type of ball you can get your hands on.
- You're still fearless and very reckless! Nothing surprises me with you...nothing!
- You are also intelligent. I'm afraid I have many sleepless nights ahead of me...fearless + reckless + intelligent = MESS!
- You are going through the hitting stage (which I despise:/), but I don't know what to do. Since this isn't my first rodeo I do know that "this too shall pass," but I definitely don't want you to be "that kid"...the one that every parent warns their kid not to be like. I've tried spanking you, sitting you in "time out", literally hitting you back (in the same manner that you hit)...but nothing works. If I spank or hit you, you laugh and do it again because it has then become a game to you...and when you do it in the first place it's not out of meanness. When I put you in "time out" you just cry hysterically like I've hurt you (or your feelings)...but not in a bratty sort of way...just like you don't know what you've done...like we were honestly playing a game and then you got in trouble. I guess you're just a rough boy...and hopefully by next month I'll have a new complaint:).
- You still have 16 teeth. You've started clenching your mouth and whining sometimes when I brush them, which makes me wonder if you're trying to cut some molars.
- You are still interested in the potty, and in the past month you have actually gone to the potty and said, "tee-tee," once, and you have pooped in the potty too!! *I feel assured that this will embarrass you one day if you ever choose to read it. I apologize in advance. I'm sure I'll do many, many more things to embarrass you in the future too:).
- You have turned into a little man overnight. I love you more than you'll ever know Luke Joseph. Happy 20 months!





No comments:
Post a Comment