We started the week off with a late night game on Monday. The kids played SO well, and we came away with the win. The season is halfway over, and I can really tell a difference in E! She has improved a lot, and I love every second I get to spend watching her play:)
Yesterday afternoon I picked up these girls...
I had to throw this pic in here...the girls "just had to" change, and they dragged (yes this is correct;) out a bag of clothes Emma has outgrown (because, clearly, she is a giant compared to Ensleigh:). Anyway, Ensleigh insisted on wearing this Alabama jersey out to eat. I tried to explain to her that it was a "Roll Tide" shirt and her parents probably wouldn't be too happy since they weren't "for Roll Tide", but I could not get her to take it off. So, Giddens/Yates families, I apologize...but she does look awfully cute if I do say so myself!! :)
They had a sleepover...giggling ceased around 10PM;)
Today we are out for another "Weather Day", and I
have spent the majority of it cleaning out drawers and
finally swapping over to summer stuff (sad, I know).
The kids went to Mrs. Elizabeth's for a few
hours, and then Nana picked them up for me:)
There are exactly 3 weeks left for students (hooray!), and...
...it looks like I will be spending my summer moving to LES, since I will be teaching 1st Grade next year!! I have adored my two years spent in 6th grade...but this change was inevitable, and I'm excited about it! There are definitely things I am going to miss about teaching older kids, but there are also great trade offs...like hugs every morning! It will be a busy summer and school year (think all new lesson plans and two moves in four months)...but God is in control, and I know I'm going to be right where He wants me!












1 comment:
I love teaching older kids too, but it does seem the younger they are the more they like you and aren't afraid to show it! Good luck with your move:)
Post a Comment