Y'all...
I'm going to be 30 next year.
30!
How did that happen? Wasn't it just yesterday I was counting down the YEARS until 1999, so I could drive.
And of course, what kid doesn't dream of that cool car. Not saying that my first car was cool, because oh, it wasn't. But it was mine, and since gas was only $0.90 a gallon I could do a lot of "riding around" for a mere 10 bucks!
Honestly, though, the thoughts of turning 30 hadn't bothered me in the least until a few weeks ago.
If you know me you know I've always wanted a 3rd baby. Justin has been on the wire about it, and I had decided that if he truly didn't want another one then I was perfectly content with the two miracles God has blessed us with.
Anyway, I have also been wanting a bigger vehicle (anybody see what I'm getting at yet?). Something of the Suburban nature...
Well, Justin said no. And he's the boss.
He said we absolutely, positively would not be purchasing a vehicle that gets WORSE gas mileage than my Pathfinder. So, that was that.
But that hankering for another baby got me looking and thinking. I actually drove to Birmingham while he was in CA to look at a used van (OMG...did I really just type that?). That night I couldn't sleep. I kid you not...I tossed and turned the entire night (and possibly broke out into a cold sweat) at the thoughts of ME...in a VAN.
So when he came home from CA I calmly announced that I no longer wanted a baby #3. But we decided to LOOK at bigger vehicles anyway. Before we left the house we agreed that we absolutely would not be purchasing anything...ONLY looking.
We stopped at the Toyota place first...where Justin promptly parked the Pathfinder next to a Sienna and asked the guy if we could look at it. He got in the driver's seat, took one spin around the parking lot, and announced his LOVE for the VAN. It was at this point that I began questioning our last 6.5 years of marriage. Who is this man?
We left the Toyota place and headed over to the Honda place where we found basically the same thing for a lot less dough. Justin was hooked...and like I said...he's the boss. He was wheeling and dealing while my youth was buried...right there in the Honda dealership.
So this morning we took our last ride in the Pathfinder...
And drove home in this...
The only thing missing is the family on the back glass:)
I have come up with a coping mechanism...while you see the picture above, in my mind I'm driving my old Maxima...my B.K. (before kids) car.
Surely I'll get a baby #3 out of this deal;)





4 comments:
Listen I love a minivan!!! I'm kinda jealous of you :) and yes I realize I have no kids. But I love it and I'm so
Glad you are excited!! Surely baby number three will
Come along now :)
Let me tell you....I SWORE I'd NEVER drive a van!!! Now, I'm eating those words. I was the same way. When I saw all the space, and gadgets in that thing, OH. MY. WORD. I was in love. And now that we have 107,000 miles on it Bryan has been wanting to look at new ones, but I just can't! I love it so <3 And the best part about it...your kids will never, ever bang a car door against another!!!! Congrats on joining the "mom's minivan club". (we're still hot! LOL)
P.S. Keep looking around in that thing...I found hiding places for a year after I got mine!!!! Seriously!!! Like on the door "armrest" mine lifts up and holds TONS of stuff! (both doors) Not sure they all have it, but mine does.
What is it with guys and vans? Josh LOVES the idea of getting a mini-van while a cringe at the very thought!! With baby #3 here now, it's becoming ever so clear that the Envoy, even with it's 3rd row of seating, is just not large enough!
I'm probably one of the craziest people on the planet (and I'm going to be 30 in less than two weeks!!!), but I WANT a van!
However, my wonderful hubby works for Ford. Right now, they don't make a mini van. We got the Explorer (which has 3rd row seating) and we will make do. But I told him that the day Ford announces a new mini van (however far in the future that may be), I will be trading in that Explorer for one!
We're hoping and praying for a baby #3 in the VERY near future!
Congrats on the van! And fingers crossed for #3 for both of us! :)
Post a Comment