Friday, June 28, 2013

God Winks

Yesterday morning I got up early and ran around like a mad woman all day long...cleaning house and packing bags! Justin said that if I had everything ready by 4:30PM (time to take E to her tumbling class) that we could leave for the beach when her class was over. 

At 6:55PM we were leaving McDonald's in CC headed for Pensacola Beach:)! I had a little over a half tank of gas, so we figured we could make it to the condo. Our GPS said our arrival time would be 11PM. We had a very smooth trip, and we were almost there when Justin "happened" to notice a sign above the upcoming bridge that read "Check Fuel, Long Bridge Ahead...5 Miles". At that moment he looked down and realized our gas light was on...and we had no clue how long it had been on.

He proceeded to press the "miles until empty" button, which read "5". There was no place to pull over, and if we were to have run out of gas we would likely have wrecked. Justin and I were discussing our dilemma/panic when E began asking 436 questions. I told her to stop talking and pray. Y'all...my baby girl prayed for 5 long miles. Justin and I silently prayed for those same 5 miles. I kept asking God to please just get us off that bridge. I didn't mind walking to get gas, but I didn't want to wreck. 

We made it over the bridge, only to find that the first service station we came to was closed. At this point we were all frantically looking for a station that was open, when we finally spotted one. As we rolled to the pump the "miles until empty" read "0". Our 20 gallon tank took 20.021 gallons of gas.

No comments: