We've spent the last few days here at Pensacola Beach by
ourselves. Yesterday we did more beach and pool time, and I
got to spend a few hours by myself while Justin took the kids
up for a nap. It was glorious...until that night when I realized
all the reapplying of sunscreen I did was not very affective:/.
Last night we headed to a little "hole in the
wall" type restaurant and had a fantastic meal!
Afterwards we walked around the boardwalk area, where I finally
gave in (she begs every year) to a "hair wrap". Since I'm more of a
"big-bow-kind-of-mama", this whole hair wrap thing was way out
of my "comfort zone". It did put a big smile on my girl's face, so it
was worth it (even if she did beg me to cut it out this morning).
And what's a beach trip without an ice cream cone?!
Because of my burnt legs and feet, we decided to forgo the beach
scene today. Instead, we headed to the zoo. It was a neat little zoo,
and we had a great time until the train derailed during our tour
around the park. After sitting there for what seemed like forever
waiting on them to fix it (and Luke all the time yelling "I know
how to fix it" at the guys who were pouring sweat trying to lift a
train full of people), we were "over it" and decided to head back.
After long naps and lasagna in the room we headed out for
a night swim without fear of getting any unneeded sun:).
E has been begging to take the crabs to the beach (which we
now have three of, thanks to a kayaker from Shreveport who
helped one in with his paddle yesterday while we were looking
for jellyfish:/), so Hermie, Shelley, and Shreveport got to visit
their hometown for a while before being returned to captivity.
We have had a great few days alone, but we are
looking forward to Nana and Papa's arrival tomorrow!








No comments:
Post a Comment