We rang in the New Year with friends and spent New Year's Day eating our greens and peas at Nana and Papa's and MawMaw and Poppa's. I did not sweep the floors or do laundry this year, although it didn't seem to affect my year last year.
Last week we went back to school (and Justin started his student teaching) with a 2 hour delay Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday due to extreme cold temperatures. By Saturday the weather was like springtime. Welcome to Alabama.
Friday morning Jesus called home Justin's maternal grandmother, Nealene Graben. She lived a long, hard life and fought until her final breath. I'm thankful that my children have her blood running through their veins, and I hope that they take her work ethic and caring heart with them all the days of their lives.
Yesterday, as we prepared to go to the funeral home for visitation, we found out that 24 of our cows were out roaming the country. You know the saying "when it rains it pours"? That felt like our weekend. We are so thankful to have amazing friends and neighbors who found the cows and walked miles leading them back home today as we buried MawMaw Nell.
Today was also the birthday of a very special man who my kids call Papa. He's been an amazing dad to me and I love him dearly. We were able to celebrate with supper tonight, but I forgot to take pictures. Happy Birthday Papa! We love you!
There is so much heartache...in our family, in our community, in this world. I often take for granted all that is good. I am so blessed. I have a wonderful husband, two amazing and healthy children, parents and in-laws who would go to the moon for my kids and me, in addition to extended family and friends.
This year, I resolve to spend more time focusing on what is right in front of me and less time worrying about things that only matter this side of Heaven.
Happy New Year!
Getting back to it....(Life with Boys!)
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment