Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday Rant

No pictures...just a rant. Read at your own risk! :)

Thursdays...the day Justin leaves before the roosters crow...the day he has driven over 100 miles before the sleep is good and out of my eyes...the day disaster tends to strike at my house.

Last Thursday I got up extra early, as usual, to get myself ready before the kids woke up. Things ran rather smoothly, and we left home around 6:40. I knew Luke's cough/congestion was bad, but I didn't have anybody to keep him so we headed on. As I was driving, he was coughing continuously. He sounded awful...then the "mommy guilt" kicked in. I grabbed my cell phone and called for help...in the form of my grandmother! "Maz" said she could come keep him, but it would be an hour or so. Next call for help...MawMaw Wanda! She said she would meet me at the house and keep him until Maz could get there. However, at this point I was going to be incredibly late for work if I went back home. So off I went...baby in tow...to work. Luckily my great co-workers were more than happy to pull baby duty until I could get things going in my classroom. Then they watched my class while I carried Luke home. By Friday he was worse, and I ended up having to take one of my endless supply of sick days so I could take him to the doctor. Luckily the breathing treatments have made a tremendous difference in our little guy!

Fast forward seven days to today...Thursday. I will spare you all the lovely details, but let's just say E woke up around 4:30 with a tummy ache. I gave her some pepto bismol, she used the potty, and she went back to bed...my bed to be exact. I got up at 5:30, got myself completely ready, and went into Luke's room to give him a breathing treatment. At 6:20 I started calling for E to wake up. She wandered into Luke's room around 6:25, gave him a kiss, laid her head down on the rocker (in a sleepy sort of way), lifted her head, looked at me, and THREW UP EVERYWHERE! When I say everywhere I mean everywhere...all over me, Luke, the rocker, the floor...EVERYWHERE! Here we go again...I called for help. MawMaw Wanda came to sit with her until Maz could get there. Luckily, I don't think it was a virus. She hasn't thrown up again today, and she is playing like her usual self. When I got to work...late, of course...one of my lovelies asked me, "Mrs. McCollum, are your kids always sick?" Yes, Johnny (name has been changed to protect the guilty), it seems that way, doesn't it?

2 comments:

April said...

Dear Thursday Rant....I LOVE IT!!!! Seems your hubby has found a partner for this trip. The things we will do for cows. Poor Hudson had to eat toast in his high chair in the bathroom so I could get ready this morning. Eating in the bathroom I mean how gross is that but you do what you gotta do sometimes. Hudson and I decided this morning before we knew Emma wasn't feeling well that something must have not gone right this morning because Aunt Ashley is NEVER late. Oh and by the way that sweet boy gave you a big wave this morning although you couldn't see it:)
Sorry Emma had a tummy ache this morning we missed seeing her and having our little greeter there this morning but glad she is back to her old self.

Brandi said...

Bless your heart! I am glad she feels better though.