What's the meaning behind your name?
Emma Catherine McCollum
Emma - Your great-great grandmother was an incredibly special part of Mama's life. I was blessed to have her around for 20 years. She taught me so many things, and I know she would be so proud of the family I have created - especially you! Her name was Emma Elizabeth, and I chose to name you Emma in honor of her.
Catherine - Once we decided your first name would be Emma, I picked out three middle names for Daddy to choose from - Grace, Claire, and Katherine. I 'secretly' loved Katherine the most, so I was very happy with the choice he made. He had one request though - he wanted to spell Katherine with a 'C'. It didn't really matter to me, since both are correct spellings. That's how you became Emma Catherine...and I couldn't imagine you with any other name!
This picture is of Mommy and Amma
Luke Joseph McCollum
Luke - Mama has ALWAYS loved this name. When I was pregnant with Emma we knew what our boy name was from day one - Luke. Myers would have been your middle name if you had come first, but since Emma was named after Mommy's family we wanted to name you after somebody special to Daddy.
Joseph - The day your big sister was born was also the day your great-grandfather went to live in Heaven. He was very special to Daddy (and Mommy too). He had the biggest smile, and he wasn't afraid to use it. You remind us so much of him - happy all the time! His name was Joseph Olen, and your middle name is in honor of him.
I love this picture of PawPaw. Mommy made this silly hat in class,
and he was more than willing to model it for me. That smile says it all!
As you can tell, I love family names. If we are blessed with more babies I plan to contine that tradition (and the 4-letter first name tradition that was unintentionally started;). I love you, sweet babies, and I know you'll live up to your names!





3 comments:
Beautiful Names! Both of our boys have family names along with their own unique names. It makes it SO much easier on deciding names when you only have a few to choose from :)
I LOVE your kids' names! We used family names, too! Our first baby is coincidentally Lucas Joseph. Joseph is his great grandfather's name, too! Our baby girl is Caroline Elizabeth. Elizabeth is after her great grandma. I recently was thrilled to find out that my grandmother's mother was named Carolena (the German version of Caroline) making her name all the more special to me! If we have more kids, I already have family names ready to go! :)
My children have very special names too. I wrote each of them a letter and placed it in their baby books.
Post a Comment