Sunday, October 30, 2011

Luke: 13 Months

Luke, you are thirteen months old!
Here's what you're up to these days...
  • You weigh 24lbs. 9oz. according to our scales.
  • You are approximately 31.5 inches long (it's getting harder and harder to measure a moving target:).
  • You are wearing mostly 12 month clothes with a some 18 month mixed in and size 5 diapers.
  • You are a great night sleeper. I usually lay you down around 6:30PM and I wake you up around 6:30AM to leave for work/daycare.
  • You haven't been taking great naps at daycare since you went back after school started. That has finally crossed over to home. On the weekends you might take a 45 minute to 1 hour nap sometime during the day. I try to lay you down between 6:30PM and 7:30PM, depending on what we're doing. You usually sleep until 7-8AM.
  • You LOVE milk...and you must have it with your meal.
  • You will drink juice sometimes, but you're not super crazy about it.
  • You still eat some baby food, but you are mostly on table food now.
  • You are not picky...I can't think of any table food you don't like.
  • You're two-stepping when you feel like it, but you definitely aren't a walker yet. I know you have it in you, but you are completely satisfied crawl/scooting to your destination. It wouldn't surprise me if you took off tomorrow...or if you waited another month or two.
  • You are no longer interested in the pack n' play, but you do love to play with the many toys in the living room. One of your favorite toys is a front loader tractor that you got for your birthday...you push it around and make car noises. I definitely think you're a genious!
  • You also love to play with the "toys" in the kitchen cabinets. :)
  • You have finally started saying Mama!!! It's not a favorite word yet, but you are definitely saying it. You also say "dada", "daddy", "sissy", "uh-oh", "hey", "hi", "bye", and "uh-uh" (as in no)...and you shake your head no as you say it. Fun days ahead...:)
  • You have started giving the wettest, sweetest kisses, and you give high fives like a pro!  
  • You have 9 teeth and seem to be teething again.
  • You are definitely a Mama's boy, and I don't mind one little bit. "This too shall pass..." One day I'll be longing for these days, so for now I'll just enjoy them...even if I can't do anything without a baby on my hip. :)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

He is so stinkin' cute!