Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mama {and many more random thoughts}

  • A pretty big milestone occurred in the McCollum household on Sunday...the boy said Mama. Okay, so it was only the one time, but I'll take it! At least I know he has it in him:)
  • Babies, Babies, Babies...Russ and April welcomed sweet baby Aubrie into the world last Wednesday (which is causing Emma to have come-aparts each morning as we pass Uncle Russ's chicken houses..."Mama, I want to go see Hudson's sister!" This morning she even told me that "Aunt April is out of the hospital now if that's what you're worried about." Ha! The girl is a mess...and I hope sweet Aubrie brings as much love, joy, and hard-headedness independence to her family as Emma does to ours;)! Last Friday Matt and Cara (and two precious big brothers) welcomed baby Stella Harper. Yesterday big brother Collin (and his sweet Mama and Daddy) welcomed baby Noah Joseph. This morning Ashley is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her newest nephew, Carson, who should be here any time! BFF Jana is headed to a doctor's appointment this morning to see if she is ready to have baby Blair. In case you've lost count that is 5 babies in less than two weeks! That's not even counting the babies who are set to arrive in the next few months...and I can count six without even thinking hard!
  • Wow! If you're thinking, "I bet she's got baby fever," you would be correct! If only I could talk the husband into it... :)
  • I don't miss being pregnant, because the good Lord knows I'm a terrible pregnant person (although Luke was much kinder to his mama than his sister). As strange as it sounds (and please don't have me committed for this...my babies need a mama:), the part I love the most about having babies is HAVING babies. I love the labor and delivery part (I know you just shook your head and called me something along the lines of a crazy nut;). It's just an amazing experience...and I really don't think twice in a lifetime is enough (for me, anyway:).
  • Justin's grandmother had a hip replacement several weeks ago. She is home and doing well, but she's still not able to get around like she used to (which is expected). Anyway, we have carried her a few meals this week...and while I don't know if the food has been any good, she has definitely gotten a lot of free entertainment. In addition to putting on a dance/tumbling routine and singing every song she knows (at the top of her lungs), she has enjoyed taking MawMaw's walker for a spin (or two twenty). Not to be outdone by big sis, Luke has made an obstacle course of the walker, crawling in and out of each bar. He loves to pull up on MawMaw's chair and check things out...but his favorite thing is standing at the storm door and watching the dog. Which reminds me...the next time I go I should probably take a bottle of Windex and some paper towels...
  • I have no idea how this happens...because Justin and I are about average height for a man and woman...but my babies are tall. In every picture I have of Emma and her BFFs she's at least a head taller than them. She looks like a giant in comparison. Most people think she's in kindergarten or first grade...when I tell them she's just 4, they gasp. She put on a pair of skinny jeans this morning (because skinny, she is)...I had to buy a 5T for length, but they were falling off her waist. I tightened the adjustable waist (thank you to whoever is living the big life after having that novel idea patented) as far as I could, and they were still big! Now that Luke is standing upright (not walking, but standing) it has become so obvious. Luke and Reese were standing up this morning trying to snatch the toys off of Addison's jumparoo playing with Addison, and I noticed that he is a full head taller than her! I hope they continue to be tall...something I always wished I was!
  • If you've made it to the end of all the chaos that's been going on in my head, bravo! You definitely deserve a prize... :)

1 comment:

Elena said...

I have noticed how much taller Luke is than Reese too! I am hoping Reese gets Adams height as opposed to mine:)