Yesterday was a typical busy Saturday.
The one exception to typical...the boy slept until 9AM! He probably would have slept later, but somebody from First State Bank thought it would be a good idea to call on a Saturday morning (the ONE morning in months and months we actually got to sleep in) at 9:01AM to update records.
We headed to our first birthday party of the day around noon...a swim party for Aaliyah at the Wellness Center.
Next, we headed to celebrate sweet Sarah's 2nd birthday..."a church party" Emma exclaimed as we pulled up into the parking lot. She's a hoot I tell ya!
We headed home to take naps and get ready to take Emma to meet baby Blair...but when you have kids plans change (often). Luke woke up with a nasty cough. Obviously we didn't want to expose Blair to whatever Luke may have, so the boy and I stayed home while Daddy and Emma headed to Uncle Brent and Aunt Jana's.
As the sun went down the cough got worse (why does it always happen that way?). I laid him down, and he whined and moaned...broke.my.heart.! After a consultation with Avery Claire's mama, I texted Justin and told him to come home ASAP with baby Vick's. I rubbed it on his feet, put socks on him, and laid him back down. He coughed two or three more times (within maybe 10 minutes), then he slept "like a baby" the rest of the night!
Today we woke up to this...
We decided it would be best to keep him in for the day just to be on the safe side. I had several things going on at church, so Daddy volunteered to stay home. Poppa Dale brought Emma home after church, so he even got to pull double duty for a few minutes! :)
I'm planning on "Vick's-ing" him down again tonight in hopes that we can make it through the week healthy! Say a prayer! :)
Getting back to it....(Life with Boys!)
12 years ago













No comments:
Post a Comment