Emma almost never got into my cabinets. She played in the basket below my baker's rack that contains pot holders, but other than that she pretty much stuck to her toys unless I pulled out pots and pans for her to play with.
Not Luke.
He can turn the house upside down in a matter of seconds...no exaggeration.
Another thing I've noticed about Luke is that he doesn't cry much. We were at my Mama's over Christmas when he pulled out a very heavy pan (almost as heavy as a cast iron skillet), hit himself in the head with it, laughed, and went on about his business. It left a mark on his forehead...not a single tear was shed. He has bumps and bruises quite often, and we have no idea how he gets them...because when accidents happen he goes right on.
At 11:15AM I got a phone call at work. I have had kids at Mrs. Elizabeth's for almost 4 years, and I don't think she's ever called me at work. She said he had fallen on a toy and cut his lip. She wasn't sure if it needed stitches, and she wanted me to come look. I ran up there, but I didn't know either. He was laughing and playing and acting normal...as if nothing was wrong. I called the doctor's office, and they said I could bring him in after lunch (but Dr. Ray was out of town so I'd have to see someone else).
When I got back to school Coach P suggested I bring him by and let Talisa (the school nurse) look at it. When I did she said she definitely thought he needed a stitch. We went to the clinic, and Dr. Buddy said the same thing.
One hysterical mama, one calm-as-a-cucumber daddy, two nurses, one doctor, too many shots to count, and four stitches later...
On the bright side he is getting popsicles on demand...
(And anything else he wants:)





2 comments:
Getting a phone call at work concerning someone I love rates among one of my most feared moments. He looks cute with his little chubby lip!:)
Bless his heart!!
Post a Comment