Thursday, January 26, 2012

Survival

Brooke's Real Life post inspired me.

I love my life. I love my kids. I wouldn't trade a single meltdown, sleepless night, tantrum, or dirty diaper for anything in this world...but let's face it...being a mama is hard work.

Some (most) days I feel like I'm in quicksand. I get one mess cleaned up, one supper cooked, one load of laundry done (hopefully all in the same day;), just to find three more waiting in each of their places.

If you show up at my house between the hours of 4-8PM don't expect to see perfection. As a matter of fact, come prepared to watch your every step in hopes that you don't trip and fall over toys strewn all throughout the living room and kitchen. (I try to limit the disaster area to those two rooms.)

If you show up at my house between the hours of 7:30-8:30/9PM expect to hear some (a lot of) crying...from the girl mostly, although she has begun waking the boy up and getting him to join in. Oh joy:/

At the end of the day when I finally sit down to a minute of peace and quiet (hopefully) and a lukewarm (if I'm lucky) meal I usually feel exhausted (understatement). I also feel extremely blessed.

I know that "this too shall pass", so I try to enjoy these days of pure survival (as much as one can when they are in the here and now:).

No comments: