Friday, August 3, 2012

America's Favorite Pastime {Go Braves!}

When I was 3 years old my grandmother took me to my first Braves game at Fulton County Stadium. She lived south of Atlanta, where I spent all of my summers. Many of my childhood memories with my grandmother include the Braves -- not always attending games but always watching! We spent many afternoons at The Varsity eating hotdogs and watching them on TV.

I have always hoped to make similar memories with my own kids someday. Since E played t-ball this year and has really gotten into watching the Braves with her daddy on TV we decided to go. She was so excited that she couldn't sleep during naptime, so she rested up on the ride there...
We got there in time to take a few pictures
and watch the pitcher warm up in the bullpen...
E cheered for her two favorite players (mainly because
they were the only ones she knew by name:)..."Chipper
Chapper Jomes" and Jason Heyward. Her daddy and I were
glad we got to see Chipper play one last time before he retires.
About 4 innings into the game there was a rain delay.
We debated whether to wait it out or not, and we're glad we did...E
 got to meet Eddie Perez (former Braves catcher and current bullpen
 coach). When she told him she played t-ball he gave her a ball!
The Braves beat the Marlins 6-1:)

No comments: