Fast forward three years. Every daddy wants a little boy and Justin is no different. I honestly didn't care. I guess, though, I was slightly hoping for another girl...a sister for my baby girl. Of course, we ended up with a boy and Justin was beside himself after finding out he was going to get a son.
Oddly enough (or maybe not so odd?), Emma is a complete daddy's girl and Luke is a mama's boy through and through. And if you don't believe me, just ask E. She will tell you that she's her daddy's and Luke is mine.
I'm glad God gives us what He sees fit for us to have. If he had seen fit for me to have girls or boys, I would be ecstatic with that. But He didn't. He saw fit for our family to have one of each. And I'm ecstatic with that. As a mother of one of each, I won't ever get to experience the bond of "sisters" or "brothers" like moms of only girls or boys have, but I do get the best of both worlds. I guess there are trade-offs with everything. :)
Last night Emma was invited to a sleepover at Kinlee's
with Ensleigh. Another thing I'm thankful for is knowing the
parents of her friends. That makes parenting so much easier!
April posted this pic on FB this morning before they left for
church. Justin's comment: Tell your son as long as his hands
stay behind his head we are good:):) Thats my baby. {Bless!}
Meanwhile, last night, we headed to Oxford to eat supper
and celebrate Cheyenne's 9th birthday! Speaking of which,
why is it that when you finish school, get married, start having
babies, etc. that time starts moving much faster?! Anyway,
I snapped this when we got home. Notice Luke holding onto
his daddy's finger...a rare occurrence...be still my heart!
and celebrate Cheyenne's 9th birthday! Speaking of which,
why is it that when you finish school, get married, start having
babies, etc. that time starts moving much faster?! Anyway,
I snapped this when we got home. Notice Luke holding onto
his daddy's finger...a rare occurrence...be still my heart!
Tonight, we were able to go meet the newest member
of our family. Katelyn is SO tiny, and I could have
held her for hours...except I had a little competition. ;)
25 days until Spring Break:)








No comments:
Post a Comment