Saturday, February 1, 2014

Random Snow Day Happenings

Deer season came to an end Friday (can you see my frown?;), and Justin promised the kids that if he didn't see a buck by the end of the season that he'd shoot a doe. He went hunting Thursday afternoon and it looks like this poor girl will be deer jerkey and breakfast sausage by the end of the week. The kids were as excited as if they'd pulled the trigger themselves. The girl even went with her daddy to hold the flashlight while he gutted it. I'm now questioning whether or not I really gave birth to her, ha!
Luke (aka Pirate Jake) and I snuggled on the couch while they did the dirty work. He didn't realize where they went or he would've pitched a fit to go too. And since we're looking at the picture, let me just say that this is pretty much what I looked like all week...no makeup, sweatpants, hair in a ponytail. And I'm not even ashamed. It probably is for the best that I am not a stay-at-home mom.
Friday I decided it was time to humanize myself again. I showered, put on a smidge of makeup, and wore blue jeans! Justin took me to pick up my vehicle, and Ashley and I took the kids to Giggle Time and out for cupcakes!
Today we signed up for E's last year of t-ball (where has the time gone?), went to Nana and Papa's to visit, and have begun mourning our unexpected vacation. We're also praying that Punxsutawney Phil doesn't see his shadow tomorrow...


No comments: