Before we left Dr. Ray's office yesterday he told us our goal for the next two months (when he turns 4 months and goes for ANOTHER round of shots) is to get him sleeping through the night. I grinned and gave him a bit of an eye roll.
Yeah, yeah...who doesn't want their kid to sleep through the night? However, my previous experience with Big Sister was not so good. She didn't sleep through the night until she was 8 months old. I do realize there are people out there who have it way worse than that, but to me 8 months is a LONG time without a full night's rest.
He told me, in his fatherly tone, that if I continued to reward him with a bottle every time he woke up chances were good that he would continue to wake up. Now, he also told me this with Emma...but there was NO consoling her through the night without a feeding. I asked him how long I should let him cry, to which he responded "as long as you're comfortable". Ha!
Me: One minute?
Dr. Ray: Big Grin
Me: Until he wakes Emma up, and I have two crying babies?
Dr. Ray: Big Grin
Me: I'll try.
Dr. Ray: You're a good mom. You know what you can handle.
Me: If you say so...
Well...since Luke has already proved to be the polar opposite of E, I decided to give it a shot. I fed him and laid him down about 9PM, wide awake. He got himself to sleep (which he always does), and woke up around 3AM, as usual, but he didn't really cry out. It was more of a whimper and a lot of "baby noises". So I laid there. After this went on for 15 or 20 minutes I decided to go to his "big bed" and get his paci. I gave it to him, he spit it out, gave it back, spit it out...eventually he sucked on it long enough to settle down. At 3:30 he was back to sleep...and did not wake up again until 7AM!!
Me: BIG GRIN =)
I don't know what tonight will bring, but it sure would be a blessing to have a sleeping baby when I go back to work!! Here is the little sleeper after a "full night's rest"! See Luke, when you sleep all night we're ALL happy! :)
9 Weeks Old



2 comments:
I have been blessed with a good sleeper (so far), and doesn't it make for a much happier mommy when she's rested?! Luke is absolutely precious!! I really hope we get to see him and Miss Emma when we're home for Christmas!
Yea for sleep!!!
Post a Comment