Ready to go...just in time for Luke's morning nap! :)
Fast forward five or so hours and a few stops...
Wednesday: Time to hit the beach!
Luke Man's first touch of sand:)
E was ready for the ocean...
My little Gilligan:)
E went back and forth from the sand...
...to the ocean!
We came in for lunch...
...and a little bottle!
That afternoon Justin had a "cow meeting" (I know...it sounds
so glamorous:). E played hide and seek while I got ready.
They always feed the families that night, and E made
friends with another stockyard owner's granddaughter,
Stella. Isn't she the cutest little redhead you've ever seen?!
On Thursday Daddy and Luke skipped out on beach
time in favor of a little nap. E and I played in the sand...
When Luke woke up they joined us at the pool.
That night we cleaned up and headed out for supper and a little ...
...go kart riding!
(*I know, the pictures are all blurry. I never claimed to be a photographer...I did, however,
figure out how to shoot some really good ones "in motion" AFTER they finished. Next time...)
Friday we had a lazy morning and decided
to forgo the beach and do a little shopping.
I must share our sleeping arrangements...when E was a baby we always took the pack 'n play with us and stuck her in a closet or bathroom so she had a "quiet place". This year E slept with me (notice the "me" and not "us"). She's a tough girl to sleep with. We had a king size bed, which she slept sideways in with her feet pressing into my back. Justin slept on the couch (and I would have HAPPILY traded places with him). I don't think I'll ever complain about my queen size bed again (at least not for a month or two;). We had two bathrooms, so we squeezed the pack 'n play into one the bigger one...and I do mean squeezed. The door wouldn't even shut, and we had to put pillows and towels in between the pack 'n play and the toilet and wall so he wouldn't hit his head! Here is E climbing in to play with him...
That evening we headed to the beach for an attempt at kid pics...
...and he's off!
We got back from the beach and decided to pack up and
drive home...AT NIGHT...WHILE THE KIDS WERE
SLEEPING:) I hated to leave a second earlier than we had to,
but it was a much more peaceful drive. We dressed them in their
sleep clothes and their airbrush beach shirts and headed to CC!
We had a great trip, and we're ready to go
back already (the girl and I are anyway:).



















































1 comment:
They are so cute! And, I'm wondering....did ya'll go to the track to ride those go-karts??? And, if so, did you have to ride on the DREADED bumper boats??? Mine always want to ride those darn things, and guess who ends up having to ride with them?? You guessed it-MAMA!!! Oh how I hate those things! Last time some kid blasted me with the water the WHOLE time!!! Glad ya'll had a good time!
Post a Comment