Here's what you're up to these days...
- You weigh about 25lbs.
- You are approximately 31.5 inches long.
- You are wearing mostly 12 month clothes with some 18 month mixed in and size 5 diapers.
- You are usually a great night time sleeper, with a fairly routine schedule of 6:30PM-6:30AM (sometimes later on weekends). However, last week you were sick with an ear infection. You woke up a couple of nights, I rocked you for a few minutes, you went back to sleep. Last night you apparently you thought you'd try that again. You woke up about 1:30AM, which is rare so I got up to check on you. I rocked you, laid you down, you cried...and cried...and cried...until I picked you up again, of course. You woke everybody in the house up. Finally, around 4AM (after a diaper change, rocking, playing cat and mouse, some milk, and a bowl of applesauce) you went back to sleep. You were not a happy camper when we woke you up to go to daycare at 6:30AM. Let's hope you don't do that again...for everybody's sake! ;)
- You don't nap much at daycare, but you have gotten back into the routine of taking a good 2-3 hour nap on the days we are at home. For that, I am thankful!!
- You still love your milk, but you could definitely live without juice.
- You are not a picky eater at all. You love most anything we put in front of you. I do try to feed you at least one jar of baby food each day, because I don't want you to start refusing it. It's so convenient when we are out and about!
- You love to snack on puffs and melts. We've also started trying the fruits and veggies in a squeeze pouch, which you LOVE!
- All this talk about food reminds me of your new favorite thing to do...stand up in the highchair. If I turn my back for one.single.second. you are either standing up or sitting backward on the tray...go ahead, readers, I know you want to nominate me for mother of the year! ;)
- You can walk...when you want to. You've been taking about 10 steps at a time at home, but rarely anywhere else. Then yesterday when I picked you up from daycare Mrs. Elizabeth told me that Reese had something you wanted, so you followed her all the way across the room to get it, ha! Today you have been in constant upright motion. I have a feeling my job is about to get a bit harder!! :)
- You love to pull out all the toys, dishes, food, etc. out of every toy box, cabinet, and drawer you can get your hands on.
- You are still saying "mama", "dada", "daddy", "sissy", "uh-oh", "hey", "hi", "bye", and "uh-uh" (as in no), which is your current fave. You stayed with Nana while we went to the Alabama game a few weeks ago, and you said "nana". I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't heard it myself, although you haven't said it since. Which is fine with me, since you rarely say "mama" either! ;)
- You are a mama's boy...and that's probably an understatement. If I'm in the house you must have your eyes on me...or else!
- You lay your head on my shoulder when I hold you...steal.my.heart.!
- You are a friendly baby. You smile and wave at people, but you're not quick to go to others...including Daddy! If you think I'm about to leave you will have a complete meltdown. I have to sneak out of the church nursery and daycare most days (although, oddly enough, when I pick you up from daycare you crawl/scoot away from me and whine when I pick you up, taking you away from the toys!).
- You give wet, sloppy kisses...but you are stingy with them, making them all the more precious!
- You have ten teeth...four on top, four on bottom, and two molars on the bottom, which you can see pretty well in the picture above.
- Jesus, Mommy, Daddy, and Emma love you to the moon and back...Happy 14 months baby boy!




No comments:
Post a Comment