Saturday started off like this...
But I didn't think it was much more than his regular
issues, so we continued on with our birthday party plans.
Sadly enough we didn't get out of the driveway before we
had a fender bender with Russ's truck...and when I say fender
bender I mean that the van crushed like aluminum foil while
Russ's truck didn't budge. And to add to my distress all the way
to Oxford Luke reminded me "Mommy, ewe hit Unc Uss's tuck..."
We finally made it to the skating rink and I decided
to finally give in to Luke's begging and let him skate.
I fully expected to end our day at the
ER, but he actually did really well!
Saturday night didn't prove restful. I spent the night in the recliner
holding Luke up so he could breathe, so he spent Sunday at home.
{A completely unrelated side note: My mother, the hoarder,
recently came across this pair of blue jeans that were mine.}
On Sunday night Luke slept like a rock, so we went on with
our regular routines on Monday. At 6PM Monday night Luke
was running a low-grade temperature and looked like this...
On Tuesday morning we reluctantly headed to Dr. Ray's office (I'm
one of those who swears we always come home with something
worse than what we went in with). After listening to his chest and
looking at his ears he said my little guy was much sicker than he
looked. The diagnosis: double ear infection and pneumonia:/
I stayed home again yesterday, but got very little done with this
clingy guy. We did manage to get an oil change while we were out
picking E up from school, and this little gem made him smile:).
I had to go back to work today because the number of beach houses
I own is about equivalent to the number of sick days I have left:/.
Justin had to pull "Daddy Duty" and take Luke back to the doctor
for his recheck. The pneumonia is breaking up, but we are still on
breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock. His ears
didn't look great, but the antibiotic should work that out.
Thankfully tomorrow is Friday, and we will definitely be
staying in and laying low this weekend. Because, y'all, I'm
pushing 30, and this getting up every 4 hours is killing me.
Maybe we should call it quits in the baby department;).







No comments:
Post a Comment