Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Girl

If you have never had the joy of raising a daughter you are really missing out...on drama, sassy mouths, and big hearts. My girl makes me want to pull my hair out. She is so hard headed strong- willed that it literally brings me to tears of frustration at times. And I pray every single day that God will use her strong-willed spirit in a mighty way.

This morning we got up, got ready for Sunday School and church, and headed out as usual. But instead of preaching, today we had a speaker who told of an orphanage in Kenya. I watched as my girl paid close attention, and after the service she asked if she could look at the pictures of the kids. We went to the table that was set up with pictures of kids in need of sponsors. She sifted through them and finally picked up the picture of a 5-year-old girl named Tracy. She told me she wanted to pray for her and help her, so we asked about sponsoring Tracy...who is the same age as my girl. All afternoon Emma has asked more questions about the needs of Tracy. I went into her room this evening to check on her and she was at her dresser with her head bowed, eyes closed, and praying the sweetest prayer for Tracy...who she says is going to be her new best friend when they meet. 

My girl may have a big attitude. My girl may have a loose tongue. My girl may have a hard head. My girl may make me wonder what I'm doing wrong. But my girl has a servant's heart. And I wouldn't trade that for any of those things listed before. I know my girl is going to do big things. Would you pray with me? For my girl and for Tracy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This filled my eyes with tears of joy! So proud of sweet Emma! I pray that the Lord will do mighty works with all of our precious children at Barfield. :)
Allison Wesley