Thursday, December 30, 2010

Airplane! (and sick)

On Sunday Luke and I packed up to head back to Texas for Aunt Paulette's funeral. This time we flew, and we left Daddy and Emma behind. Our flight was supposed to leave at 5:40PM. We met my Uncle John at the airport, because he was going to fly with us. At 5:50PM we heard the words "airport closed" come over the gate agent's walkie talkie. Our flight had been cancelled! I started to stress, because I was two hours from home without a carseat and only three bottles. I called Justin and he told me the roads were too icy for him to get back to Atlanta. John stayed calm and said we would just go back to his house for the night and catch the first flight in the morning. As we were leaving the gate we quickly realized that other flights were taking off, so it must have just been our flight...and in actuality the entire airport wasn't closed! So, we headed to the Continental counter to tell them our situation and see if they could put us on another flight. They were very nice, and got us booked on the 8:30PM Delta flight...but we had to go to the Delta counter to get boarding passes and then go back through security! What a nightmare!! We finally got to Houston around midnight.

Luke was so good on the flight! Uncle John held him before
we took off so that I could eat...we hadn't eaten since that
morning! Then he slept in my arms the entire flight!
After the funeral on Tuesday we went back to Aunt Paulette's
house, where Luke came down with a fever. I stripped him down
to a diaper, gave him Tylenol, and patted him down with a
lukewarm rag. Finally, the fever broke and he got a little rest.
Daddy sent this pic of Emma Girl to let us know they were alright!
Luke didn't run a fever again, but he acquired a cough and began sneezing. We were scheduled to fly home on Wednesday afternoon...and we were ready. Having a sick baby is no fun...especially when you're not at home! We got to the airport and heard those awful words...airport closed...yet again! John and I decided we were bad luck and shouldn't fly together again! It was thundering, lightning, and pouring down rain, and our flight had been delayed...which is a step up from cancelled! Here is Luke resting while we waited to find out if we would be able to fly home that night or not. Needless to say I was stressed!
Here is Luke Man sitting in Maz's lap...ready to take off! Again,
he was a perfect angel on the flight...sleeping the whole time!
We finally got home to Alabama around 11PM. Luke only got worse through the night, and we didn't get any sleep. On Thursday morning we got up and headed to Dr. Ray's office. It didn't take him long to let us know that our sweet little guy had the flu. He also asked if I had been sick, and when I told him I had stayed in bed all day Christmas and still wasn't feeling great he said he thought I was probably getting over the flu. He went ahead and prescribed Tamiflu for Justin and Emma, but there isn't much you can do for somebody as young as Luke. He gave him a cough medicine, and prescribed a lot of TLC. I think I can handle that! Have I mentioned that I HATE it when my babies are sick?

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Poor Luke Man! I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling alot better!