Her...not me!
As I was frantically rushing around trying to get all of my chores done tonight I realized I still had to make cupcakes for Emma's Christmas party. She wanted to help, and if you've ever cooked with a 3-year old you know "help" is a synonym for "big mess". As we added the sprinkles to the last cupcake I thought of June Cleaver. I wonder how she managed to keep her household in tip-top shape, teach her babies important life lessons, take care of her husband, and still look like a million bucks! I know it's just TV, but if you think about it mothers years ago really had it all together! Since I went back to work for my 3-day trial run this week I have barely sat down. There is always something to do...cooking, cleaning, laundry, making bottles, making lunch, baths, and the list goes on! I often wish I lived during those times when women stayed at home and raised their babies and took care of their families...but I do realize how blessed I am to be stressed! Just beware: if you come to my house it will not be "tidied up" like the Cleaver home, nor will I be dolled up like her...but you will find happy (and sometimes not so happy;) babies and a mama who loves them more than life!
The cupcakes E and I made for the party...I truly will be saddened
when the day comes that she doesn't want to "help" me bake!
*Yes...I purposely left icing off of the last three. ;)
Since I'm not able to stay at home with my babies I am thankful for
a husband who is willing to help out! He has been a real trooper...he
kept Luke while I worked this week! *Obviously these pictures are
not of them together while I was at work...just some recents that I like! :)
Daddy and Luke reading the Alabama Cattleman's book!
I love these boys!
Just to prove how "non-super-mom-ish" I am...I forgot all about taking
an 11 week picture of Luke today. Here is the picture I did get...
Happy 11 weeks sweet boy! :)
Just because...
E trying on her new pair of skinny jeans!






4 comments:
Oh how I wished I lived in those days, too! Go back to my November 17th post! So funny that we like the same things!
I am a working Mom too! It is tough! I am so blessed though! It is great to have a supportive spouse.
I wish I could cook! :)
I am a teacher, too! This is my 11th year. It is hard juggling everything sometimes, but I love it! Your family is precious!
Post a Comment