Saturday, June 11, 2011

Gone Country {Dance Recital 2011}

Emma just wrapped up her first year of dance with a recital (two actually:). I can't believe that my precious, black-headed, 8lb. 2oz. baby girl has grown into such a free-spirited, excitable, little "big girl"...in such a SHORT TIME! I've learned a lot about love since 09.18.07...this weekend I learned a little more. Watching my little girl on that stage, dancing her heart out, stealing the show, and LOVING every second of it made me so proud and excited for her. I know you'll be shocked to learn that I got a little teary-eyed watching her dance. Here are a few pictures from "recital weekend"!

Thursday - Rehearsal
Friday Night Performance

(Flash photography wasn't allowed Friday night so these are from the dressing room.)

Bailey and Emma (aka Raggedy Ann & Andy)
(Disclaimer: I AM NOT one of those crazy "Toddlers & Tiaras" Mamas. They told us that
the more clown-like their makeup looked up close the better they would show up in the video.
They said the lighting would bleach them out if they didn't have on makeup. I aim to please! :)
I forgot to get a pic of E in her third costume...but I
didn't forget to get one of this worn out dance star!
Saturday Performance & Award Ceremony

Raggedy Ann & Andy - Ballet
In all honesty I was "less than thrilled" with the idea of this dance. I mean, really, who
wants their baby girl to dress up as Raggedy ANDY for her first BALLET recital...but let
me tell you it was absolutely precious! I'm not sure what song was used, but I loved it! 
Talladega Race (Route 66) - Jazz
Hillbilly Rock - Tap
After she finished her last dance we had to
wait for "curtain call" and the award ceremony.

Her daddy gave her some flowers...
...so she showed him a few dance moves. :)
Then some of the big girls entertained the wee ones while we waited! :)
Curtain Call
Award Ceremony
It was a great year. Emma learned a lot...and if she couldn't
remember what to do during the recital she made something up.
She danced her heart out, and I am SO PROUD of her!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh, those cute little outfits!!! I know you are so proud of her!