Friday, February 24, 2012

A Special Gift

Have you ever known someone who makes you want to be better? A better person...a better mother or father...a better daughter or son...a better wife or husband...a better Christian...a better friend...a better teacher...just better.

Shortly after Justin bought the barn we met Clay. Over the past few years Justin and Clay have become pretty close, and he is a very special friend to us. Emma adores him, as I'm sure Luke will as he grows older.

For us, Clay is that person. Simply being in his presence makes us want to try harder...to do better...to be better.

A few weeks ago Clay's Granny got sick and passed away. Justin and I went to visitation at the funeral home...for no other reason than to show our love and support for Clay. He's just a special friend to us. We met many of his family members, and they were all so sweet and friendly. His parents thanked us for being such good friends to Clay (we should have been thanking them for raising such a fine young man...one who has become near and dear to our hearts...one whose qualities I hope to see in my own children as they grow).

A few days later Clay sent Justin a text and said that his mother would like my email address. That night I received an email from her saying again how much they appreciated us coming and our friendship to Clay and that his great aunt who sews would like to make something for our children.

Tonight Justin came in with a gift bag, which held these...
How precious are these gifts?! Not just because I adore them and know they will look precious on my babies, but because somebody took the time to hand make something so special for children they met one time. The world is full of generous souls...and sometimes they happen upon you when you least expect it. :)

No comments: