Monday I took the kids to daycare and did my version of "spring cleaning"...which mainly consisted of normal cleaning plus blinds, window sills, and baseboards. While I was busy cleaning Daddy sent a surprise home with instructions to feed it and give it water...after scraping up two heels of bread and a stale Krispy Kreme donut I kindly texted Justin and told him that when I said I could handle another mouth to feed this was not the kind I had in mind. However, I lost this battle 3-1, so I now introduce you to Dolly...
Tuesday we ran errands and then dropped Luke off at Mrs. Elizabeth's on our way to see Dr. Norby. He said Emma's teeth looked great and that her 6 year molars were already coming in!! He also said that it's possible she'll start losing baby teeth within the next 6 months to a year...really?!?!?! Didn't she just get her first tooth yesterday?! We went on a little lunch date to celebrate no cavities...
Wednesday morning we got up bright and early and headed to Gatlinburg for a little getaway. It's really a shame they didn't sleep like this the entire way...especially since Emma wanted to know "how much longer?" before we even got to the end of our road. About 2 hours out of Gatlinburg she loudly exclaimed that "if you can't hurry up and get there I'll just sleep the rest of the way!"...and she did. Poor us;) All in all they were pretty good little riders.
When we got checked into our room we decided to head downtown and take a look around (isn't that a line in a song?). We found an arcade to keep the kids busy before eating supper at Bubba Gump's...where we had to pay TAX on our tip!!
Emma checked out every nook and cranny of our condo, and she was enthralled by it all. Really...we could have just taken her on a tour of hotels and she would have been tickled! Her favorite thing was the sofa bed...
Thursday we had breakfast in the room before heading to the aquarium...
The kids are entranced by these in the picture above...
Fearless...she stuck her hand in a dark box to see what was
inside. Of course, it was just a fake fish but she didn't know that!
Laid Back...
I love this picture, because it has to depict what they were thinking...
something along the lines of "I thought we came here to look at fish!"
An attempt at a family pic...
After all that fish lookin' (and picture takin') we needed an ice cream:)
On our way out we had to stop and get pics with the bear...
Friday morning we headed to Cades Cove in search of wildlife, sadly we only saw these (which we could have seen in our yard) but we still had a good time enjoy God's beauty!
We stopped at the Cades Cove Missionary Baptist Church
to try to get some pics of the kids. Here's how that went...
My personal fave...
At this point we were all hot, tired, and hungry so we left in search of food. While we were eating it began to rain, so we went to Pigeon Forge to look around. We ended up stopping at the Jurassic Park boat ride and another arcade...
That night Emma and her Daddy went up in the sky lift, while Luke and I kept our feet planted firmly on the ground (isn't that another song lyric?? I'm on a roll;). Really, I'm just a chicken...
Saturday morning we packed up and headed home...
On our way out we stopped at Three Bears General Store to see live bears. Although they weren't the bears we were hoping to see on this trip we enjoyed feeding and watching these guys...
We loaded back up, made a quick stop at Krispy Kreme (the hot donut sign was on and what kind of mother would I be if I deprived my children of that melt-in-your-mouth tooth decaying goodness;), and headed home. We had a great trip, and I'm already counting down to summer when we can do it again...only next time sand will be involved!
8 weeks...




































































No comments:
Post a Comment