Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Book Fairy

Justin says our "poor kids" aren't going to know about fun things such as toys, because for most occasions I get them books. He also gets onto me for buying "boring" presents for other people's children (books, puzzles, clothes, etc.). I guess I'm just practical. I know I would rather my kids get books, puzzles, or clothes anyday over a bunch of new toys...not that toys aren't great, but Emma (like most children) tends to pick out one favorite thing and stick with it. The other stuff just piles up in the many toy boxes we have and collects dust. Anyway, I think my book-giving has been a hit with E. She absolutely LOVES books, and she LOVES playing teacher...she even has "the teacher voice" down pat. I'm sure you noticed that both of my babies got books for V-Day...Emma's books came with puzzles, too! :)

Last night my school had "Family Fun Night" to promote the book fair (or the book fairy as E calls it). I told her she could pick out one book. She told me before we left that she wanted a Dora or Mickey Mouse book. After playing the games we made our way to the book fair. She walked in, spotted a Dora book, and she was ready to go! What a good girl I have...and pretty cute too!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Look at that pose!!! So cute!

Leigh said...

Nate tells me all the time I get kids boring presents too because I like to think practically too and get books and clothes! :) I think it's just girl thing~ :)Emma is adorable with those poses! She looks sassy as everything! :)