Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

He is good...so good!

Carrie Underwod sings about her Mama's prayer for her (which happens to be a lot like the prayer I pray for both of my babies), but as good as I think my husband is, God is better. His love for me keeps me going, and it allows me to love and appreciate the people and things He has placed in my life.

Although I don't need a special day to tell "my people" I love
them, I did do what all good mommies and wives do...a few
special surprises were waiting for them when they got up! :)
E is the puzzle queen!
Luke got some new books...
...and they are mighty tasty! ;)
Have you ever seen a cuter boy? Really!?!
V-Day Photo Shoot
Emma and Luke had a Valentine's party at Mrs. Elizabeth's. One
 perk of working so close (and having last period planning and great
 co-workers) is that I am able to sneak away for things like this! :)
E ate cupcakes...
...while Luke Man took it all in! :)
Mrs. Elizabeth has so many little ones these days that
she ran out of high chairs! Austin was a big boy and sat with
E until another high chair could be brought in and cleaned up! :)
We had a surprise Valentine visitor!
Papa came bearing gifts...and candy!
I had a pretty good Valentine's Day myself. Justin and I rarely exchange gifts...for any occasion. We are of the mindset that it's all our money, and we basically go get what we want/need anytime we want it...and anything extra we would rather spend on the kids. So, I WAS NOT expecting a thing. I left him a bowl of his favorite candies and a card, but I was totally blindsided when I was delivered 7 red roses at work! The roses were nice, but that wasn't the point...the fact that there were 7 is what made them special. Seven years ago today Justin and I had our "last first date". =)

I am so thankful for that "last first date", which led us here. Who would have thought seven years later we would have two extra special Valentines?...one of whom made me the most precious card ever to have been crafted! :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

So sweeeet! Luke man is so handsome! And Miss Emma is just a little princess!!!

Brandi Bishop said...

Wow! 7 years. Jus and I will have been together 10 years in March. Can you believe it? Time sure does fly!