Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snapshots, Shots & Squash

My beautiful baby girl will be "getting married" for the second time on June 18, 2011. Actually, she's going to toss flowers down the aisle...but that's not how she sees it! Today she and her Nana went to Birmingham to get fitted for the dress. They, of course, ventured on for a complete girl's day out. She came home with piles of new things...toys, clothes, hair bows...and leftovers from Olive Garden. I should have tagged along...oh yeah, I'm out of leave!!

No worries Anna...the dress won't be green when it arrives! ;)
All night long she has asked, "Mommy, are we going to Anna's wedding yet?" Try explaining to a three-year-old that she tried on a dress today that she won't actually wear for five more months. As silly as it may sound the picture above made me a little sad. Time passes by so quickly, and I can SO see her standing there trying on wedding dresses in two blinks of the eye. I pray each day for the boy that will one day become my baby girl's partner in life. I also pray he doesn't take her from me too soon!
I took Luke for his four month well-check this afternoon. Dr. Ray said he is in the 75th percentile or both height and weight and just perfect! That didn't stop him from "ordering" Luke three...YES, THREE...shots, plus one vaccination by mouth! Luke is such a trooper though. My favorite girl at Dr. Ray's office gave him the shots. He cried for a minute and then perked right back up!
Dr. Ray also said to go ahead and start him on some baby food (if I was comfortable with that, of course:). So when we got home Luke got his first taste of baby food squash. He ate about half of a number one container. He made the funniest faces. I guess we'll have to give it some time before I can say whether he actually likes it or not!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...I just love your children to the moon and back. I am almost as impatient as she is on this wedding deal but I have a few more things to do before it can get here. :) By the way she looks gorgeous in her dress, even if it is green! :) Thanks for letting her share this day with us. Love ya'll!! Anna

Allison Wesley said...

Such a pretty flower girl! :)