Monday, February 28, 2011

Luke: 5 Months

Luke, you are five months old!

(Sort of...I couldn't decide if I should do this post on 02.28 or 03.02,
but since you will definitely be six months old on 03.30 I decided to go
with 02.28. It's just not right to have two "birthdays" in the same month;)

Here's what you're up to these days:
  • You weigh 18 lbs. 3oz. and are 27 inches long...up 10lbs. 13oz. and 7 inches from birth!
  • You wear size 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
  • You take four 7oz. bottles each day. You eat two tablespoons of cereal with an ounce of milk around 5:30 each evening. If I'm not paying attention you quickly let me know it's time to eat...and I love it! :)
  • You take a bath right after you eat, although you are much less messier than you were when you first started eating cereal with a spoon!
  • You love bath time...and you are already trying to sit up in there!
  • You are still a great sleeper. I lay you down around 7:45 each night, and you get yourself to sleep. Occasionally I try to rock you, but you don't like it. It makes me a little sad, but I am glad you are independent...and if you ever do let me rock you I take full advantage! =)
  • You have been waking up earlier, but you don't demand to get out of the bed. You just talk and jabber while I get ready for work. I come and get you when I'm ready, and you always have the biggest smile on your face. You are definitely going to be a little heartbreaker!
  • The previous statements lead me to the biggest news of your 5 month post...you are sleeping in your big boy bed in your own room!
  • You are a mover! I lay you down in the bed with your head to the left of the bed (if you're looking at it), but there is no telling where we will find you in the morning! You are constantly rolling from your back to your tummy, but you haven't yet mastered getting back to your back...although you have done it a few times.
  • You have the sweetest laugh. It's one of my favorite sounds!
  • You still haven't cut any teeth, but you drool a ton and constantly chew/suck on your hands.
  • You have had an awful rash on your cheeks recently, and I have tried everything I know to clear it up. Your face stays wet, because you constantly keep your hands in your mouth. Hopefully it will go away once you cut some teeth and aren't gnawing on those hands all the time! :)
  • You are absolutely amazing! You are the most friendly, easy-going, laid back baby I've ever known. I am totally in awe every time I look at you...it's still hard for me to fathom that you are mine! I pray that you will always know how much you are wanted and loved. Happy 5 months precious one!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

He's so sweet! I think he is looking a little more like Emma now! Especially in the first bathtub pic!