Friday, January 7, 2011

Blessed

I am blessed! I've always known it, but this week I have thought about it a lot. Example: In the midst of having a sick baby and no sick days, my family and friends really came through. My grandmother, mama, husband, and mother-in-law all took time off to stay at home with Luke. Then one of the sweetest people that God has put in my life offered to donate me a sick day so that I could be at home with my baby. I literally cried at the thought of her generosity. I'm sure she doesn't have days piled up, and she has a baby of her own that may need her at home sometime soon...but she gave me a day anyway. Sweet friends called and sent messages to check on our little guy. They don't have to care, but they do! I have two beautiful, healthy (most of the time;) children that God has entrusted me with. I have a husband who I truly love more than words can express (even though he can infuriate me more than words can express too)...and I know he loves me, because he puts up with my craziness. I wish I could stay at home with my babies (have I mentioned that before?;), but I know that I am incredibly blessed to have a job that I love! I have great co-workers...past and present...and great students. I could really go on and on about all of the many ways I am blessed, but I will stop...and leave you with a few pictures of two of my favorite blessings. :)

E playing dress up!
Emma puts together a puzzle while
Luke watches...so I can cook supper!
Luke Man - Don't you just love the
way his hair sticks up in the back? ;)
Emma Girl waiting for her Daddy to come home!
Luke's newest "trick"...he is trying really hard to
roll over. It won't be long...he's growing up too fast! :(

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I love the close-up pic of him. What sweet lips!

DustyandBrooke said...

Every time I look at your pictures, I try to figure out who your kids look like...Usually, Emma looks just like her Daddy. But, in the first picture (of her playing dress up), she looks just like you! And Luke looks a lot like his Daddy in the pic with his hair standing up. Both of your babies are too cute! We should all stop and thank God for our blessings more often!

April said...

So glad Luke is feeling much better. I can't get over seeing how much Luke has changed. Can't wait to get to see him everyday. Yay...for snowdays (although I hope it won't be as bad as expected). Extra day at home with our babies:)