Friday, January 21, 2011

Monster-in-Law

Yesterday when I got to Mrs. Elizabeth's to get the kids she told me Luke had been coughing pretty badly and had slept a lot of the day. So I gathered Emma, Luke, and all their baggage and headed to Anniston. By the time I got cell phone service it was after 3:30, which is Dr. Ray's last appointment...but they told him I was about 15 minutes away so he agreed to stay! :)

Emma and Luke waiting patiently to see Dr. Ray. E was SUCH a
good girl all afternoon...even I had a meltdown before it was over!
Luke was a good boy too so he got a Scooby Doo sticker!
Emma Girl got an "I'm a Big Sister" sticker,
a Dora sticker, AND some gum. Dr. Ray and I decided
she is a much happier girl when she's not the patient! ;)
A thirty dollar co-pay, breathing treatment, finger prick, nose swab, two prescriptions, 45 minute wait at Target Pharmacy (thanks to PEEHIP's poor money managing skills...but that's another post all in itself), and $10 prescription co-pay later (insert "Mommy Meltdown" here)...Luke is sick...again! It's viral, and although he tested negative for RSV it is possible that it was too soon to tell. We are supposed to watch him closely and head back to Anniston if he begins wheezing. So he couldn't go to daycare...and I'm still out of sick leave...and of course, it's horse sale weekend. (My kids only get sick on sale days, ha!) MawMaws to the rescue...MawMaw Nell came this morning to sit with Luke until MawMaw Wanda could get here around 10am...and I am ever so thankful for them both! My monster-in-law mother-in-law isn't half bad! ;)

Look at what I came home to...
You cannot fully appreciate this since there is no "before" picture, but let me just tell you it was a MESS! She "super cleaned" the sink too!

I also came home to this...
So it's been decided...MawMaw needs to quit work and stay at home with Luke until flu/cold/yuckiness season is over! She can keep him at my house once a week to do some "organization" work, and she can get lots of things done at her own house too! Doesn't this sound like a good plan? Here's our plea:

Dear Poppa,
      Since my daddy won't let my mommy quit her job I would really like for you to let MawMaw quit hers. I need her to keep me when I'm sick, because my mommy is fresh out of sick leave. She could help keep my mommy's house clean, laundry done, and maybe cook a few meals too. This would really help me, because my mommy could spend her nights and weekends playing with my sister and me. I appreciate your careful consideration of this request.

                                                                                   Love,
                                                                                   Luke

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could maw maw please keep Sarah until it warms up? The sickness stuff is getting to us Ashley's!
:-) Ashley K

April said...

How can Poppa turn down such a sweet request. Luke I hope you get to feeling better really soon. Sounds like we all could use MawMaw Wanda in the community with our sick babies.

Brandi said...

Sounds like MawMaw Wanda would have alot of sweet kiddos to keep if she would just quit work!