Monday, January 24, 2011

Here we go again...

Luke has basically been sick since he was diagnosed with the flu on 12.30.10. It looks as though he will be my "sick one". :( Mama DOES NOT like for her babies to be sick!! However, he is a happy baby regardless! We spent Saturday just hanging around the house and playing while Emma spent some time at Nana's and Papa's.

Don't you LOVE this face?!
A little virus won't get this boy down!
It looks like Emma rested a lot at Nana's!
The pictures are a little fuzzy, but you get the gist! :)
Sadly enough the weekend didn't end as peaceful as these pictures may lead you to believe. At some point Emma (my "hasn't-been-sick-a-handful-of-times-in-three-years" child) developed pink eye. Luckily our pediatrician has an Oxford office that is open on Saturdays and Sundays. Dr. Ray doesn't work on the weekends, but it beats going to the ER. Sunday afternoon we headed to Oxford where I was absolutely SHOCKED to learn that not only did E have pink eye, but she tested positive for the flu...types A and B!

They pricked her finger to check her blood count. She insisted I take
 her picture and send it to her daddy so he could see her booboo! :)
Here we go again...thankfully I am a member of the "sick bank" so I borrowed a day so that I could be home with my sick babies...who aren't really acting all that sick today. They are both coughing pretty badly, but their overall dispositions are good. I am thankful for that, and the last month has made me incredibly thankful to have children who do not have terminal or chronic illnesses. I will definitely be saying a special prayer for all those parents out there who are caring for those types of children.

Here are my little blessings today...

4 comments:

Brandi Bishop said...

Sorry they are sick :( I had the flu last season. It Isn't fun.

Brandi said...

Awww, I am so sorry they are both sick now! I hope everyone gets better soon!

Brittany said...

Bless you and those babies! I am so ready for this "sick season" to be over with. Seems like it just keeps coming!

DustyandBrooke said...

Poor babies!! And poor Mommy! Hope everyone gets better and stays well! I know what it's like to have next to 0 days! And there's nothing you want more than to stay home with a sick baby!